Saturday, August 22, 2009

Austin Turns 5


Austin turned 5 this week. Spencer and I took the day off work to get ready for his party that night and to spend the day with him. Spencer worked on the yard in the morning which gave me time to play with the boys. He didn't get back from the dump until about 2:30 and I hadn't shopped for some of the ingredients I needed for the food I was planning to make. So I was on the run from then until the party started. We had Sloppy Joes, Potato Salad, Pistastio Salad, Garden Salad (thank you Evva Deen), chips, and pop. We got him an ice cream cake from Diary Queen that I failed to get a picture of. Dang! Spencer got some of those balloons that you can twist into animals and made hats for all the kids. We did this a couple of years ago for his birthday and it was a hit. It was too hot in the house so we ate, opened presents, and talked and played outside for most of the party. I was exhausted by the end of the day and poor Tayton was ignored a little bit, and I did get a picture of that. He even fed himself ice cream cake and sat on it.











I can't believe it has been 5 years since Austin was born. He is such a good boys (most of the time). He is a kind of a momma's boy and I love it.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ahhhhhh, how cute are they! I wish I could have been there. One of the downsides to living in Washington. Love you!

Miriam said...

Looks like so much fun - I'm still kicking myself that we missed it! Can't believe Austin is starting kindergarten, how time flies!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Austin! What a cutie and great job on having a fun b-day party.