Saturday, March 7, 2009

Taytons 1st Birthday







Tayton's was born on leap day last year so this year we had to decide when we wanted to celebrate it. Well...we actually celebrated it all weekend (as best we could), but the actual party was on March 1st. We all got the flu (Tayton had it Thursday, Spencer got it Saturday, and Austin and I got it on Monday), but Sunday we were all feeling pretty good. So, we couldn't not have a party for him so we continued with the festivities.







I sent out a text message on my phone to let everyone know when and where. Thankfully DeeAnn my sister in law let us have the party at her house since my in laws are down south and there is no way everyone would fit in the place we are renting right now. The theme was Spiderman and we had a pretty good turnout considering the late notice we gave everyone. It wasn't anything extravagant just cake and opening presents. Watching Tate eat his cake was definitely the highlight. He was a little hesitant at first, but then Austin showed him how it was done and he really dug in. Here are a few pictures from the evening (sorry they are a little out of order).

6 comments:

Miriam said...

Can two little boys get any cuter?

Janssen said...

I can't believe he's so old! Or that I've never seen him!

Chelsea said...

Tayton has gotten so big!! Your boys are absolutely adorable! Must be good genes...huh?

David Higginson said...

I am truly amazed. It seems like only a few days ago that we saw little Tayton and now he is full grown. Wow! He will not even know us next time we see him.

Ashley and Dave said...

I was soooo sad that I was sick for this! :( I can't believe how much chocolate cake he managed to smear across his face!!

Tara said...

How fun and unique to have a leap day birthday! Sorry you all got sick! It was so good to see you all at the reception last week. We need to do lunch!