Thursday, August 21, 2008

Austin's Birthday

It was Austin's birthday on the 19th. He turned 4 yrs. old. I decided last year that I was going to take it off work and so I did. It was a full day. We went to McDonalds for breakfast and then Austin picked out his cake at Albertsons. We bought the cake and then put the toy dinosaurs on it ourselves to save some money. Austin was begging me all day to put them on because he wanted to help, but they wouldn't fit under the plastic cover so we had to wait until just before the party. We went home for the middle part of the day to get ready for the party and try to get Austin to take a nap, but he was too excited and wouldn't. So, we went to a Youth Celebration that the Madison School District was hosting: there was blow up bouncy toys, free dinner, food, games, etc but what did Austin want to do... play on the playground toys...we did get some popcorn too. Its a good thing we went though because we saw my sister in law and her two boys there and they didn't know about his party because Spencer's brother hadn't passed the word along. So it was good. Then we went and picked Spencer up at home, changed our clothes and went to the Riot Zone for his party. We played on the blow up bouncy toys there, had cake and ice cream, and opened presents. The theme of his party was definitely dinosaurs he got quite a few dinosaur related toys as gifts. I hope everyone (missed you Rees Family) had a good time. I know I did, but I was exhausted later and he didn't want to sleep because he wanted to play with all his new toys. I don't blame him though.


3 comments:

Miriam said...

Looks way fun, wish we could have been there. Wouldn't it be fun if we lived close enough to zip over for these fun events ;) Where is the Riot Zone?

Ashley and Dave said...

Oh! It makes me sad that we missed all the fun...dang work. I was trying to figure out how you managed to do all those things when you had work during the day...now it makes sense! Tell Austin to get excited for his Birthday toy from us...tell him his hint is....ChooChoo.

Chelsea said...

It looks like Austin was having a lot of fun! I love the picture with his face completely covered in chocolate!